Hybrid Renewable Energy based Solutions
The Hybrid Renewable Energy Research Group aims to identify national challenges related to energy generation and its applications. It further extends efforts to provide innovative solutions through extensive long-term and short-term research and development projects. These projects are intended to promote and increase market penetration of new and emerging renewable energy technologies. The group is comprised of a team of expert faculty members and researchers specialized in different areas. The research cluster is focusing on the following areas:
- Integrated and hybrid renewable energy systems for power, cooling, and heating applications.
- Hybrid renewable energy systems for hydrogen and ammonia production.
- Hybrid renewable energy systems for desalination and water treatment.
- Hybrid renewable energy systems for other applications (agriculture, and military etc.)
- Renewable energy systems performance assessment under harsh weather conditions (dust, UV, temperature, relative humidity, etc.)
- Optimization of renewable energy systems operation and maintenance through innovative approaches to adopt the local weather conditions (cleaning and operation).
- Wind power resources assessment based on existing historical long-term meteorological records for both onshore and offshore locations
- Wind power resources assessment through measurement campaign using wind masts of 40 to 120 m or higher and LiDARS
- Linear Fresnel solar thermal system for performance evaluation of Indirect-Direct-Evaporative-Cooling (IDEC) Systems.
- Long-term performance evaluation of concentrated solar power and photovoltaic technologies exposed to harsh local environment with aim of modifying/adopting the IEC standards
- Wind turbine blade surface abrasion protective materials against sand storms.
The group has the following aims:
- To achieve a research breakthrough from among the above-mentioned topics which could lead to Kingdom’s development and contribute towards Saudi Vision 2030.
- To promote strategic cooperation between KFUPM and energy industries
- To participate in students training and human capacity building in the area of renewable energy.
- Serves clients in all major renewable energy sectors and integration including solar energy, energy storage & conversion, and energy efficiency & conservation.
- Helps clients address critical challenges and execute initiatives designed to further their strategic objectives and deliver value for their shareholders.
- Publishes latest research and conduct up-to-date critical analysis regularly that helps our clients understand the ever-evolving renewable energy marketplace.
- Provide frameworks for both practical and visionary solutions.
- Offers several high-quality seminars, workshops, and conferences addressing major renewable energy issues.
- Advisory helps clients manage strategic, financial, operational, technological, and regulatory risk to maximize enterprise value, helping them move forward with confidence.
|1||Dr. Fahad A. Al-Sulaimanfirstname.lastname@example.org||7311|
|2||Dr. Shafiqur Rehman (Coordinator)||email@example.com||3802|
|3||Dr. Esmail Mokheimerfirstname.lastname@example.org||2959|
|4||Dr. Mohammad Alghoul||Dr.email@example.com||7531|
|5||Dr. Syed Zubairfirstname.lastname@example.org||3135|
|6||Dr. Mohamed Antaremail@example.com||2964|
|7||Dr. Rached Ben Mansourfirstname.lastname@example.org||2014|
|8||Dr. Jihad Al-Sadahemail@example.com||4893|
|9||Dr. Atia Khalifafirstname.lastname@example.org||1295|
|10||Dr. Obaidallah Munteshariemail@example.com||2364|
|11||Dr. Kashif Irshadfirstname.lastname@example.org||1184|
|12||Dr. Ridha Ben Mansouremail@example.com||8445|
|13||Dr. Hafiz Alifirstname.lastname@example.org||1379|
|14||Dr. Hassan Baageelemail@example.com||3641|
|15||Dr. Ali Alshehrifirstname.lastname@example.org||2521|
|16||Dr. Bilal Qureshiemail@example.com||2685|
|17||Dr. Nasiru Ibrahimfirstname.lastname@example.org||8472|
|18||Dr. Ahmed S. Abdelrazikemail@example.com||8410|
|19||Dr. Suhaib Ahmedfirstname.lastname@example.org||98410|
|20||Engr. Maanae Al-Harbiemail@example.com||3070|
List of Members
|1.||Dr. Syed Zubairfirstname.lastname@example.org||ME||Professor|
|2.||Dr. Mohammad Alghoulemail@example.com||IRC-REPS||Senior Research Scientist|
|3.||Dr. Shafiqur Rehmanfirstname.lastname@example.org||IRC-REPS||Research Engineer III|
|4.||Dr. Atia Khalifaemail@example.com||ME||Professor|
|5.||Dr. Billal Qureshifirstname.lastname@example.org||ME||Assistant Professor|
|6.||Dr. Ali Alshehriemail@example.com||ME||Assistant Professor|
|7.||Dr. Hassan Baaqeelfirstname.lastname@example.org||CHE||(A) Director/Assistant Professor|
|8.||Dr. Hafiz Aliemail@example.com||ME||Visiting Associate Professor|
|9.||Dr. Jihad Al-Sadahfirstname.lastname@example.org||Physics||Assistant Professor|
|10.||Dr. Obaidallah Munteshariemail@example.com||ME||Assistant Professor|
|11.||Dr. Esmail Mokheimerfirstname.lastname@example.org||ME||Professor|
|12.||Dr. Kashif Irshademail@example.com||IRC-REPS||Research Engineer III|
|13.||Dr. Ridha Mansourfirstname.lastname@example.org||IRC-REPS||Research Engineer III|
|14.||Dr. Suhaib Ahmedemail@example.com||IRC-REPS||Postdoctoral Fellow|
|15.||Dr. Ahmed Samir Abdelrazikfirstname.lastname@example.org||IRC-REPS||Postdoctoral Fellow|
|16.||Dr. Mohamed Antar (Guest Affiliate)||email@example.com||ME||Professor|
|17.||Dr. Rached Mansour (Guest Affiliate)||firstname.lastname@example.org||ME||Associate Professor|
|18.||Eng. Nasiru Ibrahimemail@example.com||IRC-REPS||Technical Research Assistant|
|19.||Eng. Maanae Al-Harbifirstname.lastname@example.org||IRC-REPS||Laboratory Analysis|